Tuesday, July 13, 2010

yay internet!

The hotel we stayed at last night didn't offer wi-fi in the rooms.. only in select spots in the hotel. It was total shit, as was the town. We were in Rawlins, WY, and we went to four hotels before we finally found one with openings. On a Monday! In a nasty little town off the interstate! So here is my post for yesterday that I didn't get to post due to the hotel:

MONDAY, JULY 12
If I had any doubts about moving to Utah, they have all been removed. As soon as we got into the part of Wyoming where we could see hills and mountains, my heart swelled. They're so beautiful. I don't know how I'm going to be able to bear the next month in Missouri. We're staying in Rawlins, Wyoming tonight. We were in the car from 6 am to 10 pm (technically 11 by Missouri time). That's 17 hours in a car with my family. We were all aching when we took our little rest stops. Anyway, we're only 4 hours away from Salt Lake City! We're going to leave after breakfast in the morning and use the rest of the day to see whatever we can. I feel like I'm home; I love it. :)

Now onto my post for today.
We are in Salt Lake City and it is gorgeous. As soon as you enter Utah, you can tell. The scenery changes drastically. The "mountains" are no longer made of falling-rocks, but are covered in lush greenery and, in some cases, snow. All of the land is green and alive, no longer brown and dead looking. It's really pretty sweet. We got in around noon and our room was cleaned early, so we were able to get all of our stuff moved in early. Then we went to the Hogle Zoo and walked around for a good three hours, I believe. Nick passed out after we stopped to get Flavor Bursts, which were really quite good. I got a sunburn. Oh, and I talked to some girls who saw my livelavalive shirt and really dig Mitchell Davis. Then we circled our hotel's block multiple times while my grandma tried to find somewhere to eat, and again later in a different part of town when we were trying to find a Walmart. It was ridiculous. I kept shouting, "My friend says there's all kinds of food if you go to these streets!" and she would ignore me and get lost some more. Seriously, ridiculous. We ended up finding an IHOP that made my grandma sick to her stomach. Woo! Then we went to Walmart and bought windshield wiper blades for the car and sunglasses for my mom. And now we're back at the hotel. Everyone went to go try out the swimming pool and hot tub but I'm here blogging because I didn't bring a bathing suit. Supercool.

Orientation starts at 8:45 in the morning and I'm nervous. I'm going to be meeting one of my roommates for the time. And the whole thing doesn't get over until after 5. So I'm going to be spending a lot of time at the college with people I don't know and my family. I don't see it going too well, for some reason. haha. ;)

Anyway, I think I'm going to take a shower and start getting ready for bed.. even though it's only 8:15 pm. We don't have anything planned for the rest of the night so why should I keep all of this makeup on? Also, I'm sure I don't smell the greatest. I know I smell fine but it was in the 90s today and I was sweatin' balls while walking around the zoo

So, yes. Goodnight, whoever you are. I'm going to read Eldest and enjoy the hell out of it. :)

UPDATE: 8:21 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAH. Our bathtub in this hotel room doesn't hold water. We called down to the front desk and asked if they could bring us some kind of stopper. Sooo this lady comes in and my mom's like "Yeah, sorry, we just need a stopper so I can bathe my infant" and the lady goes "Sorry 'bout tha'" EXACTLY like Hagrid in the first Harry Potter movie after he breaks down the shack's door. Oh my god, she said that and I busted up laughing and had to cover my mouth with both hands so they wouldn't be distracted by me. But it was so funny. Oh man. I wish you could have been here to witness it.

0 comments: