Sunday, July 11, 2010

like a boss

It's 9:01 am. I haven't gotten up this early in quite some time. I'm going to use the time to my advantage and pack LIKE A BOSS. It's disturbing how unprepared I am for this trip. Normally I'm packed at least a week in advance for trips I make. When I was going to New York, SLC, and Kentucky I had my bags packed extremely early and kept going through to make sure everything was there and whatnot. So yeah, I don't know what's up with me this week. 

I got all dolled up last night because Derek and I were supposed to find some parties. But he figured playing UFC with a bunch of boys was better than hanging out with me. Douche. So I sat in my neighbor's yard and smoked, went to Royal Inn to harass the employees, then came home and passed out. Quite the eventful night. I hated it. 

Tonight I work five to eleven with Taylor. I plan on staying, even though we're leaving around 5 am for vacation. Looks like I'll be sleeping in the car. :)

I couldn't resist. heheheh.

UPDATE: 11:53 am.
I don't know how I'm supposed to stand 17 hours in a car with my family, or 34 if you count the ride back to Missouri. All of us are already fighting. Jonathan won't get off the couch to take out the trash, put his clothes away, or pack so mom is yelling at him. Mom won't go through any of the clothes that were supposed to be taken to the thrift store yesterday, so there are multiple baskets cluttering the kitchen and living room up. I can't get through the kitchen to do my laundry so I can finish packing, so of course I get pissed off and start yelling. And my grandma is just sitting in her room watching her soaps, telling me off because my mom has more important things to do (aka, take care of Nicholas) than do all of the things that should have been done yesterday. No one seems to grasp that I only have five hours before I have to work and everything has to be done before I leave. I don't know. I'm frustrated. So while my laundry is drying, I'm holing myself up in my room and trying to make sure I have everything I need. >:(

Oh, my mom is also pulling the "this is our last vacation together, you should enjoy it" card. Our family vacations are always shit. I didn't want my orientation to turn into a vacation. I just wanted to fly to Salt Lake City for a day, get orientation over with, and come back. Instead, I have to take an entire week off of work and suffer.

0 comments: