Saturday, July 17, 2010

ilove my mommy

I have two things to show you that my mommy bought me today. Are you ready? :D



YAY, A TV AND AN IPHONE 4!


I called the Best Buy in Liberty this morning to get an estimation on how long it would take for another batch of iPhone 4s to come in. I figured that if it was going to be a long time, I'd just order one off the Apple website and wait three weeks. But the guy I talked to on the phone told me that people hadn't been showing up to claim their phones so I could get one! So I set an appointment and my mom and I headed for the city! It's not that different from the iPhone I already had but I'm materialistic and I have to be up-to-date with my Apple products. Haha. There's a sad part to this tale though.. :( When I got home, I synced my new iPhone to my Mac and somehow the software got reverted back to 3G and my FaceTime option disappeared. I downloaded the 4.0.1 update and installed it but it didn't do anything good, so I restored it to factory settings. That didn't do anything either. I ended up having to call Best Buy and make another appointment with them to come in and see if they can fix it. If they can't they'll hook me up with a new phone. So, it's not too tragic. Rose and I had been planning to go to the city tomorrow anyway for lunch and catching up since we haven't been together in ages. 

Today was pretty uneventful apart from that. Oh wait, I forgot to mention getting the television. Mom and I stopped by Walmart to get some household essentials and somehow ended up in the electronics. She caught me off guard by telling me to pick one out and said that as long as I'm nice to my brother for the next month, I can get a TV. Hahah, strange conditions, am I right? Anyway, I got a nice little 26" Vizio LCD HDTV that should look great in my dorm room. :D 

Back to the uneventfulness now: After we got back to Trenton and I had my iPhone fiasco, Rose and I went out for dinner at El Nopal. We caught up quite a bit. I learned about her friend Guy who she plans to travel to France with sometime in 2011 and she heard all about the family feud that happened on the way back from SLC. Then we found a puppy wandering around my neighborhood (we've named her Penelope) and sat on Skype with Luiz for quite some time. He taught us the following sentence: Me rasgue até eu gritar tanto a ponto de eu perder a voz. It's quite dirty, ahahah. ;) Then we went for a run around the walking trail, which turned into a brisk walk with about 5 minutes of jogging. It would have been more of a jog/run instead of walk/jog but it's so disgustingly humid in Missouri that we were sweating within seconds of getting out of the car. Yuck.

Anyway, I'm off to read and sleep again. I shall be sure to keep you all updated on my iPhone troubles and oh-so exciting life. :) 

0 comments: