Wednesday, July 14, 2010

orientation

I'm feeling sad and sick. So I'd like to share with all of you a video. In Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, this scene ALWAYS makes me cry. I'm not a fan of Robert Pattinson a'tall, but I bawl each time I see this. When Amos Diggory runs down to Cedric saying "That's my son! That's my boy! My boy!" I just die. It's so sad.



Today was orientation. It was long, boring, and hot. I got sunburnt and I was only outside when we got a tour of the campus and for lunch. I only have 11 hours, making me a part-time student, so I have to get another class. But as of now, these are my classes:
  • Film 2100 - Intro to Film; M, 6-10 pm
  • French 1010 - Beg French I; MTWH, 10:45-11:35 am
  • Math 1030 - Intro Quant Reasoning; MWF, 11:40 am-12:50 pm
I might try to switch everything around cause I'm not a big fan of my schedule right now. After orientation, I got to see the dorms and they're actually really nice. And the rooms aren't small like I'd figured so I'm pretty pumped. I also kind of met one of my suitemates, Corinne. I say "kind of" because I saw her multiple times and we waved, but we only talked once and it was for less than 30 seconds. So that kind of sucks. But we'll have a whole year together, so it's not a big deal.

After we left the college, we had dinner at this place called Su Casa. A friend recommended it and says he loves it, but I wasn't impressed. I got a cheese quesadilla and chicken enchilada and both made me feel sick. The quesadilla was covered in grease and they just tasted strange. I only had a couple of bites. I ate the enchilada but I didn't enjoy it. The shell fell apart too easily and the chicken inside looked/tasted like frozen chunks instead of fresh chicken. I prefer El Nopal in Trenton. I don't know how I'll be able to survive without them after I move here. :(

Now we're back at the hotel again. Jonathan's swimming while the rest of us chill and relax. I think we're leaving tomorrow. 

0 comments: