Wednesday, June 2, 2010

stuff white people like

Stuff White People Like finally came in the mail! I started reading it tonight at work and it's hilarious! I lol'd many times on my break.. so much that I was probably freaking out the old guy in the booth next to mine. He kept turning around to give me questioning looks. I really like #9: Having Black Friends. Here's a little bit from that section:

"The most important role that black friends can play in white culture is that they can be used as physical evidence that white people are not racist. Did you know that if you are able to acquire a friends of every race then you are officially designated as the least racist person on earth? Though this is impossible, white people treat it the same way that Buddhists view enlightenment - unattainable, but with great virtue in the attempt."

Bahahaha. It just cracks me up. A lot. :) My only complaint about the book is my fault. I bought it used from Amazon and the edges are pretty torn up, plus the checklist in the back to find out how white you are has already been filled out twice. Oh well, I'll just put a key as to who wrote what. The previous owner was only 34% white. Hahaha.

0 comments: