Wednesday, June 30, 2010

kentucky

So hi, hello. I'm in Kentucky. I got in yesterday (Tuesday) around 5:00 and since Davis wouldn't be back to town until midnight, I wasted the rest of the day. I hung out with this kid named Jacob for a few hours and drove around Owensboro with him. After that I came back to Henderson, got my first "real" food of the day at Arby's (jr. roast beef and mozzarella sticks - SO GOOD), then sat in their parking lot and slept. When I finally got to Davis's house, we sat in his room and tried to convince people on Omegle that we were a sensual black male looking for intimate phone sex.. It didn't work. :( Then I blacked out on his brother Tate's futon. 

Today, we chilled at the house for a while before heading off to have some mcfun. Here's a picture of me livin' it up in Davis's room:


I look so excited, hahah. Anyway, our first stop was at McDonalds for lunch, where I was harassed by some old man while standing in line. Then we went to the zoo and paid two dollars for a leaf of lettuce to feed to the giraffes. :D It was so much fun. The giraffes' tongues felt like sandpaper, it was such a strange feeling. After that we headed over to the mall to browse and kill time before we had dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings. It was my first time ever eating there.. I got some fries and boneless wings with medium sauce and it made my lips feel like they were on fire. They weren't bad, but I probably won't be going back.

THEN WE SAW ECLIPSE. >:O It wasn't terrible. Kristen's acting has definitely improved and she seems to have learned to keep her mouth closed when she's not talking. I don't like that they changed the actress who played Victoria. But yeah, not a bad movie. I'd have to say the best part was when they showed the preview for the next Harry Potter movie. Oh god, I had chills throughout the whole thing. It looks so good. I'm nearly finished rereading the book, so I'm excited! It's a good thing my roommates like Harry Potter, or else I'd be seeing the movie alone in November, haha. 

Anyway, it's late so I believe I'm going to read a bit then head to bed. Davis and I are having lunch at some Mexican place tomorrow, then I'm enduring another seven and a half hour trip back to Missouri. I'm definitely not ready for that. The driving wasn't too bad - I had expected it to be much harder - but it was so boring being alone for so long. Plus most of the drive was like 70 minutes of driving on one road, taking an exit, 70 minutes on the new road, then a new exit. Very repetitive and laaaaame. Oh well, I've gotta be strong and endure. Goodnight, everyone. :)

0 comments: