Monday, June 14, 2010

mmm

My mom and I shopped for eleven hours today. The only thing on our list was size 2 nipples for Nicholas' bottles.. Seriously, we couldn't find them anywhere. We went to multiple Walmarts and Targets without any success. Then after getting lost and winding up in some random suburb of Kansas City, we went to Babies R' Us and only found one package of the nipples. My mom wanted five. By this time we were tired and hungry, so we headed across the street to the Olive Garden where I actually tried something new. Crazy, right? I feel like I need to be more open to change. So I ordered the Grilled Shrimp Caprese, but with chicken. The only time I've ever liked shrimp was when an ex and I went to Happy Sumo and it was fried with tempura and veggies. Mmm. Anyway, here's a picture from the OG website of the grilled shrimp version of what I ordered:


It was really yummy and filled me up quick. I barely touched my plate before I was ready to box it up. I also kind of got into it with my waiter. I think he was new, cause it took him multiple tries to get everything we wanted. Like when we were ordering our drinks, I asked for a raspberry tea. What did he bring me? A Bellini Peach-Raspberry tea. I'm like, "Err, I asked for a raspberry tea," which he replies with, "Oh, we don't make just raspberry tea." I go to the OG all the time and I always get raspberry tea, so I'm just like "Dude seriously, I know you have the ability to make me one. But okay, if you don't think, I can settle." I'm a bitch, I know. So later he brings me a raspberry tea and apologizes profusely because apparently they "just received the supplies to make raspberry tea, they must be behind all the other Olive Gardens I've been too, he didn't know, etc. etc." Yeah, alright. Then he never brings us more salad or breadsticks, doesn't ask for refills, takes his sweet time doing everything. I dono, it wasn't the best dining experience I've had.

Anyway, I also bought some stuff for my dorm room today. Until today the only things I had bought were towels and washcloths. I now have ivory colored sheets, two pillows, and a mattress pad. None of the places we went to had any colors I liked for comforters, so I'll probably have to order that stuff online. I feel like I'm better equipped now though, now that I have more than towels. AND I didn't have to buy anything myself. My mommy bought everything for me.. Even after she found out that I'm not a virgin anymore.. hahahahaha. 

0 comments: