Wednesday, December 21, 2011

december depression

I seem to have come down with a bout of December Depression. Basically it's this idea that Skipper has about why he always gets depressed in December. It's not quite winter, the weather is real gross and it's just, you know, the worst. I don't know. He's told me about it multiple times but I always seem to tune out cause I never believed in it... UNTIL NOW.

I found it really hard to leave my room until Wednesday. That means I was stuck in my apartment for four days... watching How I Met Your Mother... crying in the shower... and being overall pathetic. On both Monday and Tuesday I told myself I should get up, get ready, Trax down to the library, and then sit at Starbucks all day reading my newly acquired book. But I couldn't do it for some reason. Instead, I'd get in the shower and stay there for a good 40-60 minutes. I wasn't even productive. I'd stand under the water with my head against the wall either chipping my fingernail polish off or just... standing there... Then I'd get out, throw on the same pajamas I wore the day before, and then watch an entire season of HIMYM and be asleep by 9:30. Seriously. It was bad. Finally I made myself leave though. On Wednesday.

What better depression-killer is there than shopping!? I went to the Gateway, popped in to all of my favorite stores, and somehow managed to only spend $70! Whoa!
Forever21: Black cami, Speckled Pointelle Top, Boxy Colorblock Top; Victoria's Secret: Lounge Bralettes.

This morning my good friend Natalie asked me to come visit her at work in Park City. She went off to California for the fall semester to help out with Invisible Children and just got back a week or so ago. At first I was really pumped to see her and then stop by the Outlets and pick up some gifts for my family. But then I remembered the Outlets in Branson had the Disney store, not Park City. So I decided not to go. BUT THEN I remembered how terrible I felt Sunday-Wednesday when all I did was sit on my bed watching Netflix, so I ended up going. :P

Natalie works at this super cute shop called Dolly's Bookstore, where the owner lets her two cats run around and be loved on by strangers. They were seriously so fluffy and soft and amazing and made me miss Kanye (he's living in Ogden for the moment). I bought a couple of PC postcards and a book, loved on Nat and the cats, and then walked up and down Main Street for a bit. AND GUESS WHAT I HAPPENED UPON, GUYS!
WHAT? BANKSY IN PARK SHITTY? NO WAY, RIGHT? Yes way. I heard about him tagging a few places in PC when he was here for Sundance but I thought the policia had removed all of it. 

I did end up going to the Outlets after visiting with Natalie. I bought a shirt, 2 cardigans and a hoodie from American Eagle; lots of soap and lotion from Bath and Body Works; and cookie sheets, a spatula, knives, tongs, and some dish towels from Kitchen Collection. Pretty stoked about my haul, not gonna lie. :)

0 comments: