Tuesday, May 31, 2011

new layout, new missouri-hate

Yesterday was a very productive day. Rose and I completely cleaned my room, rearranged a bit, and moved a bunch of things out to my car. We also took about a thousand magazines to the recycling center and put all of my clothes to donate into trashbags.

The things in the corner under the mirror are things that do not belong in my room but my parents refuse to put them anywhere else or let me donate them. That TV is a piece of shit and we already have a newer TV in every room in the house, so what's the point of keeping it? Idk. My parents are packrats and it drives me nuts.


For dinner Rose and I made lemon ricotta pasta from Budget Bytes. If you haven't heard of Budget Bytes yet, it's basically the best recipe website I've found for poor college students. It has quick, simple recipes that require very little money. Tomorrow Rose's boyfriend is coming in to town and we are going to make pesto stuffed shells and garlic bread. We're all really excited to see how the shells come out. I discovered last night that I'm really not a fan of ricotta and the shells' stuffing is made out of ricotta.. so it should be interesting. 


After I dropped Rose off last night, I walked my dog Simon around the walking trail in town until I ran into Scott and Christian. We went over to Sonic, where Christian fed Simon a bunch of cheesy tots and Simon licked the bottom of my straw and grossed everyone out. ha.

As you can tell, I changed the layout and I really dig it. When I was uploading it and changing the coding around I wasn't a fan at all. But now that I've spent a good amount of time messing with everything, I think it looks good. How do you guys feel about it? The only thing that bothers me is in my profile on the sidebar, when I lowered the font size of the description, it also changed the size of all of my name and city.. and I can't figure out how to get them back to their original size. But it still looks okay with them small, so whatever. I'll deal.

As for the Missouri-hate in the title... My parents are driving me nuts. Every day I have been loading and unloading the dishwasher, washing dishes that can't go in it, doing laundry, and cleaning anything that happens to be dirty (floors, cabinets, toilet, etc). But any time my parents come home, all they can do is complain. If the dishwasher isn't unloaded yet, they start yelling at me to unload it so they can reload it... If my clothes are still in the dryer or I just put a load in to wash, I'm instantly yelled at because now my grandma can't wash her work clothes... If I accidentally leave the soap on the sink after I use it, I'm yelled at... I'm getting so pissed off. I do all of this work around the house and no one even cares, all they can do is yell at me and make me feel in the wrong. 

Last night I straight up lost it and started screaming back about how I'm the only one doing any work, how I clean up after everyone's messes, and how my parents refuse to do anything I ask of them. For example, a basket of clothes to donate has been sitting in the living room since the day I moved back. My mom wouldn't let me take them to the thrift store because she wanted to go through to see if she wanted to keep anything and make sure I'm not throwing out anything that doesn't need be. The basket was still sitting there yesterday when I came downstairs with the 3 bags full of clothes to donate. Both of my parents started in on how I don't need to throw out that much, how they always buy me clothes and I never wear them, etc. etc. I simply told them that if all of the bags need to be gone through by Wednesday morning because I'm taking them to the donation center then, no matter what they say.

I'm just sick of not being appreciated for all of this work I do. At the dorms at least Corinne would acknowledge if I cleaned the bathroom up or our dishes. No one cares here and it hurts. I would stop doing anything but then I know the house would turn into a sty and my parents would complain even more.

0 comments: