Wednesday, May 11, 2011

summer beginnings

Let me start off by showing you my dorm room before we started packing anything away.

 Hallway.

 Calendars + three-hole punches.

 Coat collection.

 My side of the room.

My side of the room, pt II.

Corinne's side of the room.

Now look at these pictures I took the night before I moved out.





Such a difference. The room was so lonely after Corinne moved out and I had most of my stuff in the car. I spent a lot of time between Tuesday and Friday either in Starbucks or in the lounge because the room was too empty and echo-y.

Rose flew in Thursday night to drive back with me on Saturday. On Friday, I showed her around the campus and then we went to the Hogle Zoo, the cupcake store on Foothill, and the Gateway.





 We had a competition to see who could dress like Diego the best.
Rose won, but only because I look too cute and she has more of that grungy appeal.

We got Carl’s Jr. for dinner.. Rose’s meal was delicious but mine wasn’t very tasty, so I decided to order something else off of the Green Burrito side of the menu. It was also disgusting. Ah well.

As we were leaving, I mentioned that we should take a few pictures of the Blanche overload at the abandoned restaurant next to Carl’s. Because the loaner phone I have totally sucks, my pictures through the fence didn’t come out very well.. so Rose decided to hop the fence and get a good picture for me. She got a bit scuffed by the fence on the way back out, but the mission was a major success.



There was also a Blanche barely hanging on to the building that she was able to grab for me. :)


On Saturday, we drove 9 hours to Denver. Our hotel was in downtown Denver, so any time that we wanted to walk outside it was extremely sketch. But I managed to buy a new necklace and a couple of Ganesh pictures. We hurried back to the hotel before it got dark so we wouldn't get raped/mugged/killed/etc., only to find out that we bought new bathing suits for no reason. Hotels.com lied to us and the Ramada we stayed at did not have an indoor pool. :( So we got schwasty, watched Bring It On, and jumped on our comfy, king-sized bed.


Oh! Also, we had lunch at Qdoba. It was our first time. Corinne complained quite often that there were no Qdoba's in close proximity to the SLC and I couldn't see why it was such a big deal.. but their food is pretty delicious. The queso isn't as good as what Corinne made it out to be (she obviously hasn't had the goat cheese at El Nopal) but my chicken quesadilla was scrumptious. mmm.



We arrived in Trenton at a pretty decent hour on Sunday. I started unpacking but that didn't last very long. Instead, I read the introduction to the Bhagavad-Gita As It Is. It's incredible and so interesting.

I spent the majority of today (Tuesday, ignore the header's date) unpacking. I must say, my room looks pretty dank with all of the paintings and things I acquired in Utah. It's going to suck packing everything pack up in a few months. I'll bust out the wide-angled lens later and take a few shots of the room. I just love it. I've been up here basically all day. I've only left twice: to go running and to walk the dogs. After I was done unpacking, I watched Toy Story 3. A bit later, I finished the second half of Wake Up Sid (which I highly recommend to everyone, it's on Netflix here), and then started The Last Song. To sum things up, I've been productive but also very lazy. Hm.

0 comments: