Thursday, April 21, 2011

shopping and studying... my favorites

On Monday, Corinne and I drove to Murray to go shopping. She really wanted some BareMinerals by BareEssentials makeup cause the foundation we've been using tends to make us look orange. It's annoying. The first store we went into was Nordstroms...

Corinne was in love with this pair of Jimmy Choo's:


And I'll admit, they are a pretty sexy pair of shoes. But guess how much they cost...

Holy shit, right?

We also found a couple pairs of BC shoes that were super cute.


What was interesting about them was their name. Most shoes have women's names, like Katharine or Clara. I've always wondered why. "Can I get Clara in a 9?" It sounds weird. But I guess its easier to accept than...

"Can I get Grilled Cheese in a 9?"

I guess that's why they use women's names.. it sounds better than "grilled cheese." 

So then we went to the BareEssentials store and I watched Corinne get her makeup done. It was pretty boring and the lady doing her face looked so angry with her life. I guess its understandable though, because people probably come in every day and get their makeup done then don't buy anything. 



Then we went to Zupas. I got a grilled cheese (delicious) and tomato soup with basil (disgusting). Corinne got a turkey cranberry sandwich. Yummmm. Then we went over to 8th & 8th to this consignment store called EmilieJayne. It was so ridiculously cute. The store was jam packed full of shit but managed to look classy. And everything was sorted by color, which was cool.




Then we went back to the dorms where I finished Glee season 1 and the PBRs in my fridge and Corinne went to Scott's. I also played Never Have I Ever on Skype with Scott Mayfield and totally dominated. I am such a badass.

Tuesday was boring. Corinne and I watched Chloe after lunch (which I highly recommend, its such a strange movie and you see Amanda Seyfried's and Julianne Moore's boobs) and then took naps. I didn't wake up until right before 6:30 and I thought Paul's wind ensemble concert started at 7 so I powerwalked like a boss all the way down to the bottom of campus. I got there in 20 minutes, all sweaty and unattractive, only to find out the show didn't start until 7:30. Yeah. If only I knew how to read concert tickets...

After the show, Paul, Corinne and I went to Noodles. We were going to go to the Pie but Paul had it the night before and it was suuuuper packed so we didn't think we'd be able to get a table. Paul and I were all for getting Pizza Hut instead but Corinne thinks its really greasy and disgusting so she wouldn't let us. Yeah, its basically more grease than pizza, but thats what makes it delicious! And the pan crust. You can never go wrong with pan crust. My mouth is watering now just thinking about it. Anyway, we had Noodles. Then we went back to my room and watched Daybreakers. It's a really terrible vampire movie. I mean, seriously terrible. Any time the vampires see sun or get stabbed anywhere, they explode. The idea for the movie is a good one, in my opinion, but how they went about it was dumb.

Wednesday was even less exciting than Tuesday. Corinne and I slept through all of our classes (for the third time in the past week) and then spent 1pm-6:30pm at the library studying. We only left because she had to go to her last sorority thing of the semester, so I made dinner and watched Glee season 2 for about an hour, then went back to studying from about 8pm-1am. And the annoying thing is that I feel like I barely accomplished anything. I'm studying for my history final next Friday. My professor put up 3 potential exam questions, but each question has seven questions inside of it. It's freaking ridiculous. So yesterday I read 52 pages and took 14 pages of notes... and I didn't answer a single question. I have 3 chapters left to read and take notes on, which will probably take me the next 3 days. I have other finals to study for and a project for French due on Monday I need to work on. This stupid history class is taking up all of my time. Gr.

This blog post is too long. I guess I'll go back to studying. But I'd like to leave you with a picture of the super cool Fanta I got yesterday in the library café.


I had to search all over the bottom level of the library for someone who could hook me up with a bottle opener because the stupid bottle wouldn't twist open... but the drink was delectable.

UPDATE
Corinne, Paul and I are in the library again. The table beside us has been here as long as we have and they are.. interesting to listen to. The girl only wants to do sports for the rest of her life, so college is a bore for her, but at the same time she loves learning. One guy really likes learning too but he also likes his classes. And the guy who just showed up, the girl was making fun of him for spelling "cheek" as "chick." Then she asked him "Why was 6 afraid of 7?" and he said "Because of 8." Hahaha, apparently he's not the brightest. I love it.

0 comments: