Monday, April 18, 2011

les docteurs sait mieux

Last week in French we read part of a play called Le Malade imaginaire. It's about a man who goes to a doctor and insists he's sick in multiple places and the doctor tells him its his lungs bothering him after every statement. Today we had to create a dialogue between doctors and a patient. I played a crocodile. I definitely stole the show. Our teacher thought my lines were hilarious.

NATALIE: Je suis triste. I am sad.
AMANDA: On sait de comment tu dois avoir. We know what you must have.
KATIE: Il est urgent que tu achetes un crocodile. It is urgent that you buy a crocodile.
SAM: Achetez-moi! Buy me!
NATALIE: Mais j'ai un portefeuille mal... But I have a poor wallet...
YOUNG: Mais il est utile que tu donnes les pomme de terres et beaucoup du vin à ton crocodile. But it is  useful to give potatoes and a lot of wine to your crocodile.
SAM: Donnez-moi des aliment! Feed me!
NATALIE: Mais je n'aime pas des pomme de terres... But I don't like potatoes...
AMANDA: Il vaudrait mieux que t'aimes ton crocodile. It would be best for you to love your crocodile.
SAM: Aimez-moi! Love me!
NATALIE: Mais j'ai un cœur brisé. But I have a broken heart.
KATIE: Il ne faut pas que tu manges ton crocodile. You should not eat your crocodile.
SAM: Ne mangez-moi pas! Don't eat me!
NATALIE: Mais j'ai très faim... But I am very hungry...
YOUNG: Il est important que tu joues aux cartes avec ton crocodile. It's important to play cards with your crocodile.
SAM: Jouez avec moi! Play with me!
NATALIE: Mais je n'ai pas des cartes... But I don't have cards...
AMANDA: On est les docteurs! We are doctors!
KATIE: On sait mieux! We know best!