Thursday, April 7, 2011

just so you know...

Just so you know, you don't have to read my blog if you don't want to. 
If you don't like the way I write, what I talk about, how boring I am, etc., then go somewhere else. Don't read my blog, then tell me, "Oh yeah, no offense, but Paul and Corinne's blogs are way better than yours." That's like me coming up to you and saying, "Hey, everything about your life is boring, you should probably never open your mouth again." I blog because I want to remember things that have happened in my life. I have a really terrible memory and if I don't write events down, I'll most likely forget that they ever happened. Unless its something huge like puking at a frat, those kinds of memories never go away. Ha.
I don't try to be funny in my blogs. I honestly don't care if my posts are boring. They're mostly for my reading pleasure, so if you don't like them, leave. I started this blog out of boredom last summer and if you check my posts from that time, they're all short and unexciting. I mostly posted about what clothes I'd like to have from Forever 21 and commercials I saw on TV and liked. I post those things because they're part of who I am. I want to be able to look back in a year or more and see how my clothing preferences have changed, or if I'm still into the same kind of music. 

This morning, I took and failed my Christianity exam like a boss. Then I invite everyone to lunch and I discover that today is "Be A Dick to Sam Day." First, Stu thinks its funny to joke about us breaking up. Then Paul starts in on how I have no friends. Its obviously a joke, and I understood that, but that's kind of a touchy subject for me. I lost all of my friends halfway through my senior year of high school. I spent every day until the end of May alone, listening to my ex-friends talk shit on me in classes we shared. So when people say "Sam has no friends," I fake a laugh and shrug it away as if I don't care. But I do. I start wondering if people actually do like me and if they would stand with me if I needed them, or if they would all decide to bail on me at the same instant and leave me alone and friendless again. I'm insecure. I have absolutely no self-confidence. So statements like that hurt.
Basically, my day has sucked so far.

I'm heading off to work now.
I need to get away from the dorms and clear my head.

1 comments:

Katie said...

if i had your number, I would text you! but i don't. alas. i just wanted to tell you I LIKE YOUR BLOG. i find you funny. and when people say things about me not having friends, i have the same reaction. it's a touchy subject for me too and i want you to know you're not alone. you're lovely. your blog is lovely. and your face is lovely.