Sunday, April 10, 2011

birthday weekend

Friday started off like any other Friday. I skipped all of my classes, had Noodles for lunch and then went swimming at work. When I got home, Corinne went to Werner's birthday dinner (I wasn't invited), so I started watching the first season of Glee on Netflix. Paul Kim said he would invite me to his birthday dinner but forgot about me so I made spaghetti for myself. So to sum up the majority of my Friday night, I had dinner alone, watched Glee alone, and got schwasty alone.

This is my spaghetti in the making. It was delicious.

Then I was finally invited to Stu and Paul's birthday party. I guess I had a good time. We watched Family Guy, listened to classic Disney soundtracks on youtube, and then went to bed... That sounds really lame, but I promise it was fun.

Stuart being attacked by Paul and Sean

Paul refusing to have his picture taken.

Paul's crotch and my vampire legs.

Tired birthday boy!

So on Saturday, Corinne and I went to the Village Inn. I basically ate $30 worth of food on my own... What can I say, I'm a sucker for omelettes, bacon and pie when I don't have to make them. 

Corinne posing with our Fresh Strawberry pie.

Then we went to Sugarhouse to visit DI. We ended up shopping at Michael's, Nordstrom Rack, and  Toys"R"Us before we made it down to the DI. Corinne bought a bunch of card making supplies at Michael's for Scott's birthday and I bought plaster cat magnets and a cat bobblehead that I'm in the process of painting as a belated birthday gift for Paul Kim. At Nordstrom, I bought a new pair of Vans and a ring and Corinne got some cute black flats. She bought yet another Nerf gun at Toys"R"Us and tried to make me buy six more for her.. If only I wasn't dirt poor. Then she got some oversized sweaters from the DI to wear with leggings. 

Then I did 8 loads of laundry. This was the end result:

Ridiculous.

I hadn't done laundry since.. before Spring Break.. so probably around the beginning of March. That means that the clothes I wore to the Festival of Colors still hadn't been washed. There was cornstarch all over my dirty laundry. I tried to beat the color out of my clothes before washing them... 

The wall opposite looked the same way, as did the ceiling.

I also cleaned up and organized my side of the room. Finally.

For dinner, Corinne and I joined Sean, Stu, Paul and Zack at the Pie. Coco and I ordered a pizza pull-a-part and a 12-inch pizza. We had to leave early so Corinne could go watch Your Highness with Scott.. so once again I left alone in our room on a weekend night. 

Corinne and our pizza.

So I Skyped and drank with Christian and Scott for multiple hours! We had  competition to see who could draw the best cat, Christian kept drawing on his free Starbucks "mugs," and we had a group video chat with their Korean friend Harris who was impressed with my collection of Korean food! I kept trying to take screenshots of our conversation but Christian would never hold still long enough for me to remember which keys to press. 

That's all I have. Christian was trying to show me how he wrote "BLOW ME" on the bottom of his cup. 

Ummm, what did I do next? Oh yeah. I went over to Stuart's to drink more and play one game of Monopoly that lasted for three hours. Holy. Crap. It was so boring. I had more money than anyone else, but I also only owned three properties.

See.

My spots were landed on a lot, but they only gave me $100 each time. Lame. Stuart ended up winning. Also lame. Sean was a crack up throughout the game though. Proof:

Out of nowhere he started singing..


Then he played "Nail" with Paul. I always love seeing Paul in pain.

Overall, its been a pretty good weekend. 

0 comments: