Tuesday, April 26, 2011

eh

I'm sick of blogging.
I'm sick of Salt Lake.
I'm sick of packing away all of my clothes except the outfits I'm going to wear for the next 11 days.

so I'm not packing anymore.

But I have successfully cleaned out all of my drawers and my side of the closet. Now all that's left is the bra lamp, everything in and on my desk, and a bunch of other stuff. I honestly don't know if all of my stuff, Rose, and I can fit in my car next Saturday..

Um, so what I have done since my last post?

Corinne's sister Abby came up for the weekend. We went to the Grand Kerfuffle on Friday. It was kind of dumb because we missed Chiddy Bang and then Mike Posner only felt like playing slow, boring songs on the piano. Oh and Stu and I called things off again so I was mad/sad about that too.

So then on Saturday, we traveled down to South Jordan to the Sri Ganesha Hindu Temple. It felt kind of like we were intruding on the temple though. We were the only people in there besides some priests. So we were walking around the statues of different deities, trying to whisper as quietly as possible, but I failed at being quiet because one of the priests came up and started talking to us. It was a really good talk. He explained that Hindus believe in only one God and that they worship that one God through all of the different deities. No matter who they're praying to - Krishna, Ganesh, Shiva, etc. - the prayers are going to go to God. The priest explained it in the way that you don't talk to your cell phone, you talk through your cell phone to another person. It's the same way. The Hindu people don't worship the statues of Ganesh, they worship through Ganesh to God.

Shiva surrounded by two Ganesh statues

Ganesh; the priest offered us the three apples on the right after talking to us.

Later that night I hung out with a bunch of people from Best Buy. It was fun, different from the hang-outs I'm used to here at the dorms. On Sunday, Paul and I went to the library to study.. I think he worked on his math project while I finished up the current season of Parks and Recreation on Hulu. I honestly don't remember what else I did on Sunday. I may have watched Ratatouille..

Yesterday, Amanda and I shared a presentation on Jacques PrĂ©vert in French. Today I aced an exam over Islam. Tomorrow I will hopefully ace the final we have in mythology. 

Ummmm, yeah. 

0 comments: