Wednesday, September 1, 2010

new albums

I just downloaded a bunch of new albums, according to what Last.fm recommended for me. 
  • Bon Iver - Blood Bank
  • Dntel - Dumb Luck
  • Explosions in the Sky - Earth is Not a Cold Dead Place
  • Groove Armada - Black Light
  • The Lion King OST
  • Maria Taylor - LadyLuck
  • Miniature Tigers - Tell It To The Volcano
  • M. Ward - Hold Time
  • M. Ward - Post-War
  • Vampire Weekend - Contra

I've been an owner of Contra since it came out earlier this year but somehow I forgot to transfer it to my Mac before I left Missouri. The two M. Ward albums I adore and I'm a fan of Dntel's music, but the rest of the albums I'm not so sure about. Except for the Lion King. It obviously wasn't recommended by Last.fm; it was just needed. I saw it in one of the posts I was downloading from and couldn't not download it. Anyway, yeah, I've only listened to a few of the songs by Maria Taylor but they don't seem very good. Hopefully they'll grow on me. I hate downloading music that I end up not liking. For example, I downloaded two albums by Coconut Records a while back and I've barely listened to them. I couldn't get into them. Same with Attack Attack. No surprise there though; they suck. I only downloaded their album because Rose mentioned wanting it for Warped. Bleh. Mistake. 

Dear readers, if you would be so kind... could you recommend some good music in the comments? It'd be greatly appreciated. :D

0 comments: