Wednesday, September 15, 2010

basically a week

I haven't posted about my daily goings-on since Wednesday. So now - what you've all been waiting for - a recap of Thursday-Wednesday. ;)

Thursday
Thursday started off as unexciting as every other day. French, then boredom. If I did anything worth mentioning between the hours of 12 and 9, I honestly couldn't recap. My mind is a black mass for those hours. After 9 was pretty bomb though. Went to a frat party at Kappa Sig. Drank a lot, hookah'd a lot, partied hard.

Friday
I didn't have a hangover! Woo! But I was referred to as an animal for partying on a school night. :) Andrew refused to sit by me in math class cause he and PK had "important" things to talk about all hour. Don't remember the rest of the day. Night hits. Emily and I went to Chapel Glen to pick up Craig and head down to the SigEp Highlighter Party. Ended up standing in the freezing cold for hours waiting for a ride down to the party cause Craig was on crutches and didn't walk. Took a shuttle down with Emily, Craig, Pat, and some other kid whose name doesn't stand out but skis in Aspen, CO. Skipped out on the highlighter party. Met up with Rosie and hit up Kappa Sig again instead. Played (and lost miserably at) beet pong. I made 2 cups, Rosie made 0. But I got free beer from the guys we played against so it was all good. :) Party got shut down early cause cops were patrolling hardcore so we headed back to Craig's room in the 803 and watched some movie. Also bummed some milk off of one of the girls in his hall so we could come back to my room and make macaroni and cheese and watch the Dark Knight.

Saturday
Rosie and I went to Jenny and Riley's apartment to pre-game for a few hours before the big football game at 2:00! It was pretty sweet. Their place is really nice and they're both really cool people. I basically drank from 12-6 Saturday and enjoyed every minute of it. Went to Noodles after the game (which we won! go Utes!) and had some delicious penne rosa. The girls finished the Dark Knight while I took a cat nap. Then Rosie found a really terrible party that we went to for maybe 2 minutes? It was a bunch of latinos and gangsters making out and some nasty girls that looked like Snooki. Yuck. Then we drove around for a few more hours looking for a different party. It was a total bust, no fun at all. I was thoroughly disappointed.

Sunday
Spent the majority of Sunday studying my ass off for French. Went to the City Library and made some flash cards.

Monday
Started my day off nicely by acing my first French quiz! Then Jenny texted me and said she wasn't going to come to math and I almost got killed by two skateboarders. Sat with Andrew and PK in math instead. We played Skyburger and Words with Friends all hour instead of learning how to divide watts by hours. Had lunch with Corinne. Walked to film class with Rosie. Found out that the guy Pat that I met Friday is also in film with me, so I sat with him for the first three hours. We watched Blade Runner. Seriously, one of the worst movies I've ever seen. The graphics were terrible and the music made my ears bleed a little. I left an hour early cause I definitely was not going to stay for an hour long discussion about that movie. Then the roomies and I drove to a place by Sugarhouse for some Mexican food. Mmm, oh my Rowling, it was so good. The rice wasn't as good as El Nopal's but the enchiladas were incredible. Then we got ice cream at McDonalds and came home. :)

Tuesday
Boring day in French; just reviewed all hour. Had lunch in the HC with Craig and Corinne. Corinne's taking a service initiative class so she has to volunteer for 24-25 hours in the first semester. So we went to a thrift store on the west side of Salt Lake after lunch.. We color coded clothes for 2 hours and cleaned up a corner of breakable items and VHS's. Had dinner in the HC with the roomies. Came back to the room, watched part of Amélie, then passed out before 10pm.

Wednesday
I had a French exam this morning. Guess what, guys? I completely OWNED it! I did so good, I can't wait to see my grade. :D I definitely overprepared. I was stressing so hard about it but it was super simple. Math was next. Sat by Jenny like always (when she comes to class) but my right side was lonely cause Andrew and PK refused to sit by us. Lunch with Corinne, Craig and Rosie. Jenny called me during lunch to tell me about the job that she's quitting and that she might be able to get me to take her place! So I remade my resumé, emailed the woman who runs the place, and got an email to call and set up an interview. Sadly, I didn't get this email until just a few minutes ago cause I've been around downtown with Corrine all day since. We went to Walmart and I finally used the gift card I got for graduation. Then we headed over to Deseret Industries Thrift and bought some t-shirts and a chair for Corinne's room. It's all floral and awesome. Rosie gets out of class in an hour and we're going to go down to the Pie to get some pizza for dinner. :)

Look what I made.. it's more appropriate and fitting to my life. ;)

0 comments: