Friday, November 4, 2011

Halloween weekend...

So last Friday night, Chelsi threw an impromptu Halloween party. I dressed up as Kanye, the cat version.
We had a huge Halloween party at work on Monday. Here's a picture of me as a not-so-cute cat with the most adorable girls in the world, Fatima and Tamara.
Aaaaaand here's a picture of all of the projects my kids and I did last week. A toilet paper roll mummy, a spider ring made from pipe cleaners and a pom-pom, and a paper plate black cat. 
Speaking of crafts, I found this dry-erase calendar on Pinterest. I didn't feel like buying a picture frame, so here's my version of the craft for the months of November and December. I actually like it a lot.
I also found this recipe for homemade mozzarella sticks using string cheese and panko crumbs. Absolutely delicious!
Corinne and I have been trying to find new restaurants to go to lately. I recently discovered Diva's Cupcakes over on 1560 E 3300 S. They had really delicious sandwiches and coffee at a reasonable price and a greenhouse area that you could sit in while you ate. It'd be a really nice place to study too if it wasn't so far out of the way. I didn't try any of their cupcakes but the gluten-free chocolate lemon one Corinne bought was gone before we got to EmilieJayne, so I'm guessing it was good. ;)
On a related note, the red cups are back at Starbucks. It's officially winter. I'm so excited!

0 comments: