Monday, November 28, 2011

missoura

This trip to Missouri was much more family-oriented than I had imagined. I had planned on being at my house for meals but spending a lot of my time with friends I hadn't seen since June. But instead, I only hung out with people twice and for very short amounts of time. 

Monday: Landed in Kansas City around 2:30pm, bought a new coat and gloves, ate at the Golden Corral. Rose came over and we watched The Lion King with Nick. Admittedly, I was so exhausted that I slept through most of it and left Rose to hang out with Nick.
Tuesday: My grandma and I made vegetable soup for lunch and after dinner Scott, Rose and I went to Walmart cause everything in Trenton closes at 10pm and we needed something to do.
Wednesday: We had a roast with the works for lunch and then mom and I made caramel macchiato cookies. I spent a couple of hours trying to find Tangled on dvd in town since the internet connection at my parents' house sucks balls and netflix wouldn't work.
Thursday: The whole family came over for Thanksgiving. Mom and I went to Walmart for Black Friday shopping. We bought a 51" TV for one of her friends in Iraq, a Wii for me, and some other random shit. This lady had SIX crockpots, two vacuums and a lot of Wiis in her two carts... Black Friday shoppers are crazy.
We took Wayne (my mom's friend in Iraq)'s truck down since the TV wouldn't fit in mom's trailblazer... but we were afraid of it falling over in the bed without being tied down... so I had to sit in the backseat with my arm out the window holding onto the TV the whole time. lol.
Friday: Spent the morning chilling with the family before I had to fly back to Salt Lake. Just look at how adorable my brother is. Holy cute.
And that's about it. Extremely unexciting. I watched the Shrek series and The Lion King so many times that I lost count. My mom turns Shrek on in her room and The Lion King on in his room and he goes back and forth. It's cute. :)

0 comments: