Monday, June 6, 2011

this is definitely where i parked my car!

Am I really so immature that I take pictures of the number 69 every time I see it at the grocery store?
Of course I am.

I was supposed to go camping with Scott, Christian and Rose on Thursday but it rained early in the day and Christian was too hungover to hang out. Rose and I had dinner at El Nopal then went back to my place and watched The People I've Slept With and the beginning of The Other Guys.

We spent the majority of Friday at the high school for Relay for Life. 
If you're not familiar with Relay for Life, its a 12-hour fundraiser for the American Cancer Society. There are multiple teams and the idea is to have someone from each team walking throughout the entire night. Each lap your team walks earns money for the ACS, along with whatever items your team sells - some have food, while others have games to play and souvenirs to buy. There are bags all around the track in memory of people who died from cancer and also for survivors. The names of all of these people are announced during the Luminaria and as your name/your family member's name has been called, you light the candle that is inside the bag. 
  

Besides that I guess I've watched a lot of movies during the last week... Sunshine Cleaning, Fish Out of Water, The Shining, An Education, Exit Through the Gift Shop, Love in the Afternoon, Charade, Sabrina, Elizabethtown, Eurotrip... I am such an old woman.

As such, here's a video of Rose playing with Smudge...

Aaaand a super adorable picture of my little brother Nick who would not stop harassing me to wear his sunglasses today.

0 comments: