Sunday, June 12, 2011

2 weeks to go.

I've been putting off blogging because I've done nothing but work 5-close this week. You'd think I'd be making a lot of money since I've basically lived at Royal Inn the last three weeks.. No. I'm not making shit. I got my first check on Friday and it was barely over $200. I worked 5 days both weeks and stayed every night but only made $200 because of the stupid $7.25 minimum wage here. Grr.

In my frustration, I asked Beckie (my slc boss) when the summer program ended and if I could get in on that. She basically begged me to come back at the beginning of July and said she could get me hired again. SO I'm moving back to Salt Lake on June 25th now, not August 18th or whatever. That's only 2 weeks away. Yeah. I'm so freaking excited. Except, I have to bum housing off of 2-3 different people for the next month and a half because I can't live at the dorms with withdrawn classes. Boo. I'll be staying with Paul Kim for the first couple of weeks I'm back and then with Amanda for the rest of the time.. or until she gets sick of me.

I'm so pumped to get back to the people and places that I love, but at the same time I feel like an ass leaving my family so soon. When I told my mom my plans she acted like she was sad and told me she would've liked to have me around when she's on vacation for the last two weeks in July. Also, my mom's been really down lately about all the drama going on with my youngest brother and his dad. Last weekend was the first one where Nick had to stay with his dad for the entire weekend. In a few weeks he'll be staying with his dad every other week. It's breaking my mom down because she's never had to be away from Nick for such a long time and his dad is a super huge dick. He thinks he knows how to raise a child and tells my mom she's doing everything wrong and his ways of raising Nick are the right ways. So I feel bad that I won't be here to comfort her while Nick is gone.

A few days ago I made lemon butter green beans and idaho sunrise (baked eggs and bacon in potato bowls).
The potatoes look terrible but they were delicious. We only had smallish sized potatoes so even though I hollowed them out all the way, the egg whites kept falling out and ending up cooking on the pan.

I have Monday and Tuesday off and then work the rest of the week. Tomorrow morning, Scott, Rose and I are heading to Sedalia to a place called Stay True Tattoo where I'm getting the om symbol tattooed on the inside of my left wrist. Rose's boyfriend Evan lives in Sedalia so he's going to take us out for lunch at a place called Kehde's Barbecue. It's supposed to be like an Applebee's... I'm not a fan of Applebee's or barbecue, but I'm not going to complain. Rose is already freaking out that she only has two weeks left with me.

I'll blog again tomorrow. I'm gonna look sooo cute, wearing a new dress and sporting a little om symbol.

0 comments: