Wednesday, June 8, 2011

cody the coyote, he's a roadie, he's our roadie...

This week has been miserable. High 90s and humid and straight-up unbearable.
I've spent the majority of my free time inside baking and cooking. We got a new oven on Monday and its amazing. So far I've made double chocolate muffins, naan, porkchops for my grandma (I don't eat pork), and chipotle peach salsa that I later made into peach quesadillas
Everything turned out perfectly. My parents weren't very large fans of the salsa/quesadillas but Rose and I thought they tasted fine. They said that the inch of ginger I shredded into the salsa was about an inch too much. lol. I agree that it would have tasted better without but it was still okay.

Last night Scott and I went to Christian's house, where he showed us these awesome balls he picked up at Coachella. They light up in sync with bass beats.

Then we headed out to the lake. Scott has been hammering me to go swimming with him but I refuse because that lake is soooo disgusting. There are man-eating turtles in there and I'm pretty sure that Megan took a shit off the main dock once. So instead of swimming, the three of us laid out on the dock and watched the stars and made up some pretty ridiculous constellations. It made me really excited for the astronomy class I'm taking in the fall.

2 comments:

Corinne said...

Holy cow! I've never seen you in shorts that weren't too-big basketball shorts! Haha. And that white makes you look nice and tan ;)

sam said...

Haha isn't it crazy!? I've worn shorts and tanks every day since I got back!