Thursday, August 19, 2010

wow

I haven't blogged in quite some time and I apologize profusely. You all have my deepest, most sincere apologies. I've been busy trying to get ready for college and moving out to Salt Lake City and in my spare time between doing that and working, I tried to hang out with Rose as much as humanly possible. I think we succeeded. Oh, I also went to Branson, MO, and Des Moines, IA, last week. So I've been busy! Anyway, I'm all moved into SLC and I'm pretty pumped about it. I drove 16 hours straight yesterday and got into the city around 6 pm, where I checked into the first hotel I saw and crashed hard. Actually, I took a long, hot bath then walked around downtown to find some food. THEN I crashed. It was my first time ever sleeping on a Tempur-Pedic and I absolutely loved it. I'm definitely going to own one someday. 

I haven't done much of anything today. Arrived at the college right before 9 am, where I proceeded to stand in line at the wrong tent for 40 minutes. Then I stood at the right line for about 40 more minutes. Then I walked around inside of my building for countless amounts of time trying to find my room. It was awful. I had on my fully-packed backpack and was carrying two bags, so by the time I finally found my room I was dying. Then I had to get this big cart thing to wheel all of my stuff up to my room and that was also hell. Pushing a cart with over a hundred pounds of clothes and random shit up a mountain in hot weather... not a good situation. I was all sweaty and so attractive by the time I had transferred everything to my room. I was probably done with that by 11:30 or 12, so I made my bed and set up camp for the next year. And I must admit, my half of the room looks pretty attractive. My roommate Emily also did a fine job, but this is my blog and I'm really conceited like Tiffany so she doesn't matter, only I do. Just kidding. Speaking of Emily.. she seems pretty cool. I went to dinner with her family a few hours ago and they all seem like such nice people. We went to a Greek restaurant not far from the college called Aristo's and it was wonderful. I'd never had Greek before, but I would definitely like to go back. She seems kind of soft spoken and shy, but I think we'll get along well. I also met one of my suitemates, Rosie, tonight. She's basically the opposite of Emily: loud, bouncy, swearing. Haha. Corinne will be moving in on Saturday, which I think will be fun. Maybe the four of us can go out for lunch or something cute like that. Ahaha, look at me making friends! This isn't something that happens every day, kids. ;)

I think that's all I have to say for now.. I'm ready for college to start. I don't have anything planned for tomorrow except to go get a resident sticker for my parking pass and to harass the financial aid office to accept my loan already. I'll try to blog every chance I get but it may not be as often as before. College is not high school! I have to actually try to study and get good grades. Ahh! 

0 comments: