Sunday, August 22, 2010

weekend

Let me give you a brief update about what's happened since I last blogged:

Friday
Emily had to go down to south campus for a dance audition early in the morning, so I accompanied Rosie and her friend Cricket to find our classes around campus. All of my buildings seem to be in the same area, so it shouldn't be hard for me to switch classes in the less than ten minutes allotted. When Emily got back from her audition (which went great, she got moved into a higher class), we went to the Heritage Center and had lunch. Then we watched Coco Avant Chanel in our room and went to bed at 8 pm. 

Saturday
We woke up at 8 am - meaning we got 12 hours of much needed rest - then chilled in our room til lunch time in the HC again. Then we trekked down the mountain to south campus to buy our books. I spent $340 on 3 books. >_< Not something I'm happy about. Then we had dinner around 6 with Rosie and some of her friends from the summer classes she attended and headed to some theatre on campus to watch Kick-Ass. I must say, it's a pretty good movie. When I watched it with Rose before leaving Trenton, I didn't really feel it. Then again, I was bored, drinking, and didn't want to be at Tad's house. Anyway, at 10 we went to Target for the after-hours special the U and Target were giving students and got a bunch of free shit and some random supplies for our room. Overall, it was a nice day. 

Sunday
I woke up at 7 am this morning to the sound of a million fire alarms going off. Apparently one of the rooms at the other end of our hall had experienced a fire, so our whole building had to be evacuated. So we stood outside for an hour or so, waiting for the firefighters to deem it safe for us to enter again. There was so much water damage done to that end of the hall from the sprinklers. Anyway, Emily and I couldn't go back to sleep so we made some coffee and tea (respectively) and talked until we had to get ready for lunch with Rosie and Corinne. We went to some bakery that had a bunch of different salads, soups, sandwiches, and pastas and it was really quite yummy and filling. Then Corinne had to go to her Mormon church, so the rest of us came back to the dorms for a bit. Emily and I once again trekked down the mountain to look for her classes and time how long it would take for her to walk in between each one. Walking back up to the dorms wasn't as miserable as yesterday, even though it was just as hot, but only because we weren't carrying heavy bags of textbooks with us. Now we're basically chilling for a couple hours until the barbecue we're going to at the HC at 5. :)

We start classes tomorrow and I'm getting pretty nervous. I have two 50 minute classes in the morning then my 4 hours film class at night. Ugh. I have a feeling it's going to be awful. 

0 comments: