Thursday, August 26, 2010

week summary

Monday
First day of classes! I had French from 10:45-11:35, Math from 11:50-12:40, then my film class from 6-10pm. Nothing was as bad as I had expected. The film class was kind of killer since it was so late at night, though. But it seems to be pretty legit. We sit through a lecture for the first hour, watch a movie for the next two, then finish class with a discussion about the movie. This week's movie was Singin' in the Rain. I actually really enjoyed it. It just sucked that it was so late at night cause I started to get tired and almost fell asleep during the last 30 or so minutes. 

Tuesday
First cycling class! Indoor spinning from 7:30-8:20am. It's freaking ridiculous. My knees were not prepared to do the standing cycling sessions and were killing me throughout the whole 50 minutes. Then I went to French, where I met Creepy Kyle. He's this old guy (I say old cause he has pure gray hair) who is from St. Joseph, MO, which is about an hour away from my hometown, who is also majoring in film. He offered to give me a tour of the film lab after class and because I figured it was safe and I'd have nothing else to do, I accepted. But then he turned out to be really weird and creepy. He introduced me to some heads of the film department and showed me around, but I wanted to bolt the entire time I was around him. I finally escaped, but not soon enough for my liking.

Wednesday
Creepy Kyle struck again. As soon as I got to the OSH building, he found me. Like seriously, I had just put my hand on the door handle to walk in when I hear, "Sam? Is that you!?" and turn around to see him rushing towards me. I offered a simple "yep" and kept walking, which made him harass me even more. He followed me down the hallway, all the while pestering me with questions about why I wasn't being more talkative. Finally I just said, "Look, it's 10am and I'm not feeling anti-social," then I turned down the first flight of stairs I saw. I sat really far away from him in class, but I could feel him watching my every move. :( scared. I had math afterwards again and you'll never guess what we learned! Real numbers and the number line! Yeah! That's what I spent 50 minutes listening to this crazy asian grad student teach us! Fml!

Thursday
Today was a really great day. Started out with some 7:30am cycling then moved on to 10:45am French! I actually creeped on a friend of a friend in the OSH building before class, but no worries. I made a new friend named Chris, who's in my French class and really nice. He was standing outside of the classroom talking to Bobby, so I stopped him as we were walking in and asked if that had been Bobby. He confirmed, we talked about him, then I added him on facebook. Basically besties, right? Well, I got out of class at 11:35 and headed back up to the dorms, then when I realized that no one would be home until 5-ish I headed down to south campus to see an art booth at the Back to School Block Party. Sat with him from 1-5, then Corinne, Emily and I met Rosie for dinner in the HC. THEN WE WENT TO THE TWILIGHT CONCERT AND WATCHED SHE AND HIM! :D I've always loved Zooey Deschanel and M. Ward, but holy crap they are great live. Emily and I forced our way pretty close to the front and got an excellent view of the band. :) Then some shit went down with a friend and his new gf, we rode Trax back up to the dorms, and now here I am.. chilling in bed and blogging about my week. I plan to read as much of Brisingr as I can before I go to bed but I'm having such a difficult time getting through it. 

I have math at 11:50am tomorrow but I might skip it... It just depends on my mood tomorrow. It's such an awful class and I don't think I need to be in it, but I guess I'd rather take the easy class than the super difficult, time-consuming one. 

0 comments: