Sunday, October 16, 2011

falling in love at a coffee shop


I was sitting in Starbucks studying and this came on. I'd forgotten how much I love this song.

Today is the last day of fall break. I basically did nothing but work and watch netflix. It was so boring and uneventful. If I didn't input each thing I did every day into the Momento app, I wouldn't be able to recall anything I did.

October 7-9
 
On the 7th, Riley went on a field trip to a pumpkin patch. The kids got to pick their own pumpkin, place in a hay maze and then learn about the hundreds of different kinds of pumpkins, squash and gourds. The next day was the Utah vs. ASU game where we lost, 14-35. It was cold, I was tired and we were losing so it was boring. I spent that night in Ogden with Chelsi and Michael and spent all of Sunday intruding on their family. By that I mean I accompanied their entire family (Wendy, Shayne, Cass, Noah, Chelsi, Michael and Mitch) to the movie theatre and then to dinner. I tried to be as un-awkward as possible since it was the first time Mitch and I were seeing each other but he kept making it weird and so were his parents. It was very obvious that they thought it was fucking odd that I was there as just a friend AND that Mitch was going to give me a ride back to Salt Lake. Whatever. We talked things out on the ride home and I feel like we can finally move on and be friends. When I got home Paul and I went to the dollar theatre to watch Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides..... It was so terrible. I am a huge fan of the Pirates series but this one was just... awful. The acting seemed unnatural and forced and I guess I just wasn't a fan of the plot. The whole 2 hours we were sitting there I was bored and unhappy. I've never been so disappointed by a Johnny Depp movie in my life. 

October 14-16
On Thursday I was getting pretty pissy about the fact that I hadn't done shit during break. So I hit up Chelsi. On Friday we threw a party of epic proportions where everyone got really wasted and had a blast.
 
Then last night Paul, Bottom Joe, Stuart, Corinne and I went to the Haunted Forest in American Fork. It was $20 for an hour and a half of wanting to pee my pants. Not because it was scary. I just really needed to pee. But it was really fun. It wasn't scary so much as shocking at how close the actors got to you. I was the leader of our pack so creepers kept jumping out and getting within an inch of my face. There was also a guy with a blow torch that nearly took out my shoe. Not cool. What WAS cool was the guy dressed up as Captain Jack Sparrow:
He was stumbling around in one of the rooms of the mansion you go through before the forest. We caught him afterward and I managed to snap a picture of him with Paul and Bottom before my phone died.

Speaking of phones, I got the iOS 5 update and I loooove it. I can't decide if the notification center or the ability to make custom text tones is my favorite. I love everything. I especially love this tumblr called Shit That Siri Says. It's a collection of screenshots of things that Siri has responded on the new iPhone 4S. It makes me so jealous of 4S owners...

Anyway. Back to school tomorrow. It'll be my first time to French class in two weeks. I'm excited to see how much Luc picks on me. À bientôt!

0 comments: