Wednesday, September 14, 2011

L'amour est un feu qui dévore mais l'envie de chier est plus forte encore.

I am now the proud owner of a whole lotta Tupperware. Not only fancy cups that have easy to drink out of lids (below) but old fashioned Tupperware containers that I grew up with. My mom sent me multiple boxes full of the stuff and I am so grateful. 
My grandma also snuck in these old-fashioned ice cream dishes... There are six of each so if anyone wants to come over and have an ice cream party, hit me up. We can break in the living room! No one has used it since we moved in. Let's do this!
Ever since classes started, Katie and I have been creeping all over our French professor's Facebook profile. Each time we get into groups for writing assignments we always try to include his most recent status updates in our answers. A few days ago, he sent out an email on WebCT asking how the class would feel about him making a group on Facebook to communicate in. Then he sent another saying we'd have to friend him to be put into the group and we would discuss it in class the next day. SO. POINT OF THAT STORY: I am now friends with my French professeur on Facebook and it is the single greatest thing I have ever done. Seriously. This guy is hilarious. 

I had such a hard time looking at him with a straight face today after looking through all of his pictures. I also did not feel like doing any of the work he was assigning, so when he'd make me answer a question I sounded like a total asshole. Par exemple, one of the questions was "When was a time that you made a blunder?" and I replied, "I've never made any mistakes. I'm perfect." Also, "What suggestion would you make to someone who isn't fashionable?" My answer? "Buy new clothes, asshole." Of course I didn't say "asshole," but only because I couldn't remember the French word for it. ;) (it's trou du cul

In related news... Katie and I are definitely going to study abroad this summer. There's a program that goes to Tours, France, and covers 6-8 language credits. It's only a few thousand dollhairs and I should have resident status by the end of May. So I'm pretty pumped about that. I'm going to get an early start on scholarship and grant applications so that if we go, I'll have everything covered and I can spend my own money on things I desire (food). I believe it is from May 26th to June 22nd. Woop.

As you may recall, for a while I went through a phase where I was absolutely in love with A Very Potter Musical. The people who created it, Starkidpotter, recently came out with a new musical called Starship. It is really funny and I recommend watching it. I've been taking breaks from watching the Secret Life of the American Teenager on Netflix to watch it and it's just fantastic. Nowhere near as great as AVPM/AVPS, but still entertaining. 

Chelsi threw a Quentin Tarantino party for her birthday on Saturday. It was awesome! Chelsi was Bridget von Hammersmark from Inglorious Basterds, Michael was Vincent Vega from Pulp Fiction after he shoots Marvin in the face, and I (along with two other girls) came dressed up as Mrs. Mia Wallace from Pulp Fiction. 
Welp. That was my week. Redfest (Cobra Starship, Sabi, We Are Scientists) is Friday and the BYU vs. Utah game is Saturday but I think I'm going to lay low this weekend. I really need to study for the four exams I have next week. :( 

0 comments: