Thursday, September 15, 2011

design*sponge at home!



One of my favorite blogs for quite some time has been Design*Sponge, a design blog run by the talented Grace Bonney. She very recently released her first book Design*Sponge At Home (see video above) that I'm extremely excited about. She's doing a book tour and one of her stops is Salt Lake City on November 8th. Holy crap on a stick! You can bet your ass I will be there, even though I have two exams and work that day! This is one thing I refuse to miss out on. I missed seeing Ke$ha and Lady Gaga earlier this year because no one wanted to go with me? Big deal. If anything gets in my way on November 8th, I will break a bitch. 

My absolute favorite blog, for those of you who haven't heard me go on and on about it, is Pacing the Panic Room. It was created by Ryan Marshall, a photographer and writer who started his blog when he and his wife Cole were trying to create their first child together. After they found out she was pregnant, he started taking weekly pictures of her pregnancy which he eventually turned into a video (shown below). You can click here to read his posts each week about the pregnancy.



I mention Ryan because he will also be coming to Salt Lake for the Altitude Design Summit in January.
As much as I would love to go, I feel like it would be pointless. My blog is nothing special. I don't say anything that people outside of my friend circle want to hear. I don't know how to take nice pictures, I'm a horrible writer, etc, etc. The list could go on for days. If I attended Alt Summit, I would feel so out of place with all of these wonderful bloggers. So instead, while the conference is going on, I'm going to be watching Ryan's twitter and hope to God that I run into him somewhere in downtown Salt Lake where the conference is being held. 

Man, that sounds creepy.

0 comments: